Tips for Successful Suction Cups
Suction cups adhere best to smooth, non-porous surfaces such as tile, glass, fiberglass or metal. To ensure a firm bond, surfaces should be totally free of dirt and soap film before attaching the suction cup. Follow these steps for best results:
1. Scrub the surface with a household cleaner, rinse and dry thoroughly.
2. Clean the surface with rubbing alcohol and dry thoroughly.
3. Rinse the inside of the suction cup under warm water then shake off the excess water.
4. Press the suction cup firmly in place, making sure there are no air bubbles between the cup and the mounting surface. Depending on the use, you may need to attach the suction cup to the shelf or hook you’re using before mounting.
5. Allow the suction cup to set for 24 hours before adding any weight.