Eagle Creekâ¿¢ Emerson Overnight Bag
I LOVE this bag!!
I have donated any number of bags purchased in the past and looked for years for THE BAG for traveling. I purchased this bag several trips ago (both long & short trips) and I'm in love with it!! It has all the compartments arranged very efficiently - the two large compartments have locking zippers and hold everything I need on the plane including a quick change of clothes. There is also plenty of room for a book or my Nook. The smaller inside pockets are perfect for arranging the smaller things you might need< (water bottle, umbrella, makeup, etc.) The shorter straps work perfectly for me when I carry it and the almost hidden slide pocket for slipping over your luggage handle is a must. The outside pockets keep tickets, coffee money and phone conveniently at hand. It's easy to wipe off the outside and inside after a trip and it has kept everything dry in a rainstorm I just can't say enough about this bag. I've found it worth every single penny I paid for it!!
May 17, 2013
Functional yet stylish!
This is THE ultimate woman's bag who's always on the go.
The design is sleek and beautiful. Love the details and quality materials. The exterior material also makes it water resistant (haven't really tried to find out if it's waterproof!).
It's perfect for work. The interior is split into two major components. One side can fit your toiletries, makeup, wallet, etc. Bonus interior pockets for a business card holder, cellphone and eye wear cases.
The other component can fit a laptop and/or iPad, as well as several files/folders.
It's perfect for travel, too. Love the fact that I can sling it over my luggage bag. I traveled internationally with it - was able to fit several changes of clothes and underwear by using a couple Pack-It cubes. So you're always guaranteed a fresh set of clothes when you need it the most!
All in all, a great buy that will probably last forever!
March 19, 2012
I have only had the bag for a week and I already love it. It carries everything. I used it for school one day and carried my lunch and a huge stack of exams to grade - plus little odds and ends. A couple of days I used it for my photography and it carried my macbook pro, my dslr camera, several accessories and my "purse stuff". It is so light weight! I can't wait to travel with it. I love the band that will allow me to secure it to my suitcase. And lastly, it is replacing a bag I spent $300 dollars on. It is a great value!
May 20, 2014
Worth. Every. Penny.
I travel overseas constantly, and I've been looking for "the perfect bag." I wanted something I could use as my carry-on for long and short flights (anywhere from 30 minutes to 16 hours!), and yet, when I arrived at my destination, use it as a stylish but not overbulky work/laptop bag for my business meetings.
I randomly walked into a Container Store travel sale and saw this bag on sale - and after taking it to 7 different countries on 4 different continents over the past 6 months I can say, with all certainty, this bag is it!!! It makes me do a little dance every time I take it out to pack for a trip. Here are the pros (or how I use it):
1. 2 compartments so that one can be for laptop, and the other for "Carry on stuff" (toiletries, cardigan, book, etc.)
2. It has a flat, unobtrusive slot that slides over your wheeled luggage pulley. However I almost never put it on my luggage because:
3. It has a looooong shoulder strap (I'm tall), so I like to sling it across my shoulder. It also has PERFECT length shorter handles which means I can either hold it in my hands or sling it over my shoulders (I have thick arms, so I'm pretty grateful at the short handles not being too short). It looks good either way.
4. It has front and back external pockets. I use one for my passport, boarding pass, essentials. And the other you can use for things like your phone, etc.
5. It has zippered compartments inside, as well as two side elastic pockets (for water bottles - or in my case my electric toothbrush for the flight and my sunglasses case).
6. It's stylish and not so big that it can't be used as a "work briefcase"/laptop case when you arrive at your destination. It really helps me to cut down not to pack more bags.
7. It is also, as the name suggests - a great overnight bag. For weekend tourism while i'm visiting a new country, I just pack the essentials in this bag and -go!
8. Durable. I am ROUGH with my stuff, and it goes to some rough, dusty places on earth and it still looks great. It has a very hardy internal liner on all pockets, which makes it easy for me to clean out all the crud at the bottom like dust, cookie crumbs, etc. (don't ask!)
9. It is certainly more attractive and ladylike and businesslike than a backpack! Which is what I had been using for years prior.
10. I've gotten tons of compliments on it.
October 11, 2012