Eagle Creekâ¢ Emerson Overnight Bag
LOVE the bag
As many of the reviewers have described, this bag has just the right combination of everything.
1) great size. not too big to carry around, but big enough to hold the essentials and more. fits underneath the seat on an airplane.
2) love having the slot in the bag so i can slide it on the handles of my carry on.
3) organization with the 2 compartments and the pockets (inside and out).
4) stylish! love the material. i have the gray color.
If you are looking for a stylish functional carry on bag, don't look any further! Buy this one!
February 13, 2013
Worth. Every. Penny.
I travel overseas constantly, and I've been looking for "the perfect bag." I wanted something I could use as my carry-on for long and short flights (anywhere from 30 minutes to 16 hours!), and yet, when I arrived at my destination, use it as a stylish but not overbulky work/laptop bag for my business meetings.
I randomly walked into a Container Store travel sale and saw this bag on sale - and after taking it to 7 different countries on 4 different continents over the past 6 months I can say, with all certainty, this bag is it!!! It makes me do a little dance every time I take it out to pack for a trip. Here are the pros (or how I use it):
1. 2 compartments so that one can be for laptop, and the other for "Carry on stuff" (toiletries, cardigan, book, etc.)
2. It has a flat, unobtrusive slot that slides over your wheeled luggage pulley. However I almost never put it on my luggage because:
3. It has a looooong shoulder strap (I'm tall), so I like to sling it across my shoulder. It also has PERFECT length shorter handles which means I can either hold it in my hands or sling it over my shoulders (I have thick arms, so I'm pretty grateful at the short handles not being too short). It looks good either way.
4. It has front and back external pockets. I use one for my passport, boarding pass, essentials. And the other you can use for things like your phone, etc.
5. It has zippered compartments inside, as well as two side elastic pockets (for water bottles - or in my case my electric toothbrush for the flight and my sunglasses case).
6. It's stylish and not so big that it can't be used as a "work briefcase"/laptop case when you arrive at your destination. It really helps me to cut down not to pack more bags.
7. It is also, as the name suggests - a great overnight bag. For weekend tourism while i'm visiting a new country, I just pack the essentials in this bag and -go!
8. Durable. I am ROUGH with my stuff, and it goes to some rough, dusty places on earth and it still looks great. It has a very hardy internal liner on all pockets, which makes it easy for me to clean out all the crud at the bottom like dust, cookie crumbs, etc. (don't ask!)
9. It is certainly more attractive and ladylike and businesslike than a backpack! Which is what I had been using for years prior.
10. I've gotten tons of compliments on it.
October 11, 2012
This is a nicely constructed bag and comes with the Eagle Creek lifetime warranty. It has lots of little feature that make it one of a kind: ability to slip over luggage handles, lots of inside pockets, outside pocket, toggle zipper hooks. The outside and interior fabrics are very nice. I was originally planning to use this as a âpersonalâ bag on a flight, in addition to my carry-on. After packing it for a weekend trip I decided it would be too big. It holds a ton and when packed full it is nearly as big as my 19â carry-on!
July 14, 2012
Best Bag all Around
This purse/weekender/carry-on has it all. I love the attention to detail such as an extra touch of security (zip closure has loop that fits zip which would slow down a pickpocket. I agree with another consumer the inside pockets are perfectly designed. Outside zipper will provide me a nice place to keep tickets and passport while going through customs and TSA for my upcoming trip! to Hawaii ! So far this is my favorite of my (estimated 57 purses ). BUY IT!
July 11, 2012