InterMetroÂ® 3" Caster
I purchased these to use with my intermetro shelving. Just so I could move things around easier. They work great and are easy to install.
October 25, 2013
Great part of a practical kitchen island
We needed a kitchen island that would be good for food prep (very little counter space in an NYC apt), storage, not to big, and movable. Intermetro let us design something that is all 4. We are so happy with this thing!
Wheels are terrific, easy to install. We did 2 with brakes, two without and it serves the purpose well.
Here's the components of our kitchen island.
1. InterMetroÂ® Butcher Block Top - 13-1/4" x 35" x 7/8" h
2. Shelves 14" x 36" InterMetroÂ® Wire Shelf. In Black, it's 483015. We have 3, but you could probably get a 4th one in there if you wanted more shelf space.
3. 4 posts, 34-1/2" InterMetroÂ® Post. Black is 483030. 34 inches seems short, but when you add the caster wheels, its counter height.
4. Wheels - we have 2 caster wheels with brakes and two without. 3" InterMetroÂ® Caster w/ Brake is 483077
5. Canvas cover - we thought about this but didn't do it. We have young kids, but they don't grab everything as much as I thought they would. In fact, we keep plastic containers on the bottom, and when they are interested, it's kind of a nice distraction that keeps them busy. The fact that its on wheels has not been dangerous for the kids, but if we don't want it to move, locking the two wheels keeps it in place.
Overall, a great product, and I'd buy Intermetro shelving again.
May 3, 2013
much better than i even hoped
bought the shelving unit for a space that was a little deeper than i thought - after several times of tying myself into a pretzel trying to get to my stuff, i decided to add wheels to it so i could pull it out - best decision i ever made. the stuff on shelves is heavy (tools, gallons of paint, etc.) but these wheels (and the locking ones) roll smoothly and evenly with minimal effort. i initially thought the cost was a little high, but after having seen them in action, they're worth every penny and more. If you even think you may need to move your shelving unit, i highly reccomend these. And bonus, they add 3" underneath the lowest shelf so you can slide things under it as well....
April 10, 2013
sturdy and smooth
These are not dinky or wobbly or get easily clogged. I originally only had these on one of my Metro shelves, but then I got them for all my shelves, since it makes cleaning behind and under the shelf so much easier. Pricy, so I waited for the 25% annual shelving sale.
September 23, 2011