InterMetroÂ® Butcher Block Top
Couldn't Live Without It
The InterMetro Butcher Block Top (and the shelving to go with it, including one wine rack shelf) was the perfect solution to my open kitchen need for extra storage that was sturdy enough to hold my big Cuisinart toaster, large wok, and KitchenAid mix-master, looked good, and was easily within my budget. All wins! No loses! My kind of purchase!
July 29, 2013
Looks and function - what a deal!
Used some mineral oil for the wood and it looks great on my inter-metro bakers rack. it will be around for a long time.
June 27, 2013
Great part of a practical kitchen island
We needed a kitchen island that would be good for food prep (very little counter space in an NYC apt), storage, not to big, and movable. Intermetro let us design something that is all 4. We are so happy with this thing!
The Butcher Block top is great. Cleans easily, doesn't seem to have any stains or cracks, and we use it all the time. It's been almost 4 years and it's in great shape.
Here's the components of our kitchen island. (We are not handy people, but this was easy to put together.)
1. InterMetroÂ® Butcher Block Top - 13-1/4" x 35" x 7/8" h
2. Shelves 14" x 36" InterMetroÂ® Wire Shelf. In Black, it's 483015. We have 3, but you could probably get a 4th one in there if you wanted more shelf space.
3. 4 posts, 34-1/2" InterMetroÂ® Post. Black is 483030. 34 inches seems short, but when you add the caster wheels, its counter height.
4. Wheels - we have 2 caster wheels with brakes and two without. 3" InterMetroÂ® Caster w/ Brake is 483077
5. Canvas cover - we thought about this but didn't do it. We have young kids, but they don't grab everything as much as I thought they would. In fact, we keep plastic containers on the bottom, and when they are interested, it's kind of a nice distraction that keeps them busy. The fact that its on wheels has not been dangerous for the kids, but if we don't want it to move, locking the two wheels keeps it in place.
Overall, a great product, and I'd buy Intermetro shelving again.
May 3, 2013
I love this product! I was hoping it could come in a larger size that would fit the 18" x 48" shelving?? Or even come in a stainless steel top!
January 11, 2011